Yesterday, Mrs Smith asked me how to lock computer date and time. For limiting her kid's computer time, she install an automatic shutdown software in her computer. The early few days, the automatic shutdown software always shut down the computer at the specified time, but yesterday, it didn't work rightly. Later, Mrs Smith found that her kid had changed the system date and time of the computer. So, Mrs Smith want to lock computer date and time to prevent her kid from changing computer date and time. Is there a way to lock computer date and time? The answer is 'yes', but how to lock computer date and time?
In fact, there are two ways to lock computer date and time, the first way is using Windows Local Security Policy to lock computer date and time, the second is using a professional utility to lock the computer date and time, following, let us learn these ways together.
1. Use Windows Local Security Policy To Lock Computer Date And Time
This is native ability of the Windows operating system, you can follow instructions listed below to do it by yourself.
1. Open the Windows Control Panel and the Administrative Tools.
2. Click 'Local Security Policy'.
3. Click 'User Rights Assignments'.
4. Click 'Change System Time'.
5. Remove Power Users and all "extra" Admin. and or other users. So only administrators can change the time but not any other kind of users.
This is not a perfect way to lock computer date and time, because any other can change Windows Local Security Policy too, on the other hand, kid can change computer date and time by a third party computer clock software, so, if you want to block others from chaning computer date and time, you should learn the following method.
2. Lock Computer Date And Time By A Professional Utility
Timer Shutdown Assist
is a professional parental control software
, you can easily lock computer date and time by the software. When you first install it into the target computer, you can set a password for it, later any one who doesn't know the password can not unlock computer date and time. When the software is running in the target computer, other third party computer clock software can not chang computer date and time too. Following are instructions to lock and unlock computer date and time by the software.
1. Open the operation UI of Timer Shutdown Assist
. It is necessary to open the UI that the computer user input a password which you set when you install it into your computer.
2. Click 'Setting' tag to open 'Setting' page.
3. Tick 'Forbid Setting System Time' check box to lock the computer date and time.
4. Untick 'Forbid Setting System Time' check box to unlock the computer date and time.
Now, you can download Timer Shutdown Assist for free from 'HERE