Usually, we have a lot of windows open during our office working hours, if we can open multiple desktops and organize these windows in different desktops by some way, it will make our work become easy. In fact, Linux and Mac IOS offer this feature to allows us to open multiple desktops, but Microsoft Windows 7 does not offer this feature natively. So, is there a way to open multiple desktops in Windows 7?
Although Microsoft Windows 7 doesn't offer natively this feature which allows us to open multiple desktops, we still have a chance to open multiple desktops in Windows 7. Thank our laborious software engineers, they have developed a lot of virtual desktop software for Windows 7 and these virtual desktop softwares allow us to open multiple desktops in Windows 7. Now, let us learn how to open multiple desktops in Windows 7 by a virtual desktop software.
1. Download a virtual desktop software from 'HERE
', and save the downloaded file on desktop or other specified place.
2. Double click the just downloaded file, Windows 7 will pop up a 'User Account Control' dialog, click 'yes' button to start to install the virtual desktop software
into your computer.
3. After installation finished, the virtual desktop software will be launched automatically, if not, you can look for the shortcut of 'Sondle Virtual Desktop Assist' on the Windows desktop, and double click it to run it.
4. When the virtual desktop software
first run, it often open four desktops in your Windows 7 and then you can increase or decrease the number of desktops.
5. Swiching between multiple desktops is very easy, you can press'alt + 1' to go to desktop one, press 'alt + 2' to go to desktop two, and so on. Of course, you can change these hot key by yourself.